The Power of a Theme
Tips for the Season
10% off everything
on this site!
12 Ways to Make 2012 a Banner Year
"As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives." - Henry David Thoreau
Positive, persistent practice is the key to leading a happier, healthier, less hassled life. Why put on those tight, restricting cranky pants when you know you'll regret it in the long run? Here are 12 reminders to help keep the crankies away.
At home, at work, and in between, radiate from within:
- Relaxation . Slow up when you drive, speak, walk, and interact with others.
- Presence . Pay attention. Be “in the moment” mentally and physically.
- Priorities . Know what's important and adjust your activities accordingly.
- Kindness . Be pleasant, open, non-judgmental and humane.
- Perspective . Be grateful; replace stressing with blessing.
- Health . Eat less, move more, exercise, have fun, be fully alive.
- Awareness . Rather than being self-conscious, be conscious of self.
- Connection . Keep your relationships vibrant and rewarding.
- Choice . Blow the little things off instead of blowing up at them.
- Affirm . Stay positive; during tough times, doggedly practice affirmations until you internalize them.
- Solitude . Take some quiet time for yourself every day.
- Generosity . Enjoy other people's successes; help others who are less fortunate than you.